Fun around Seattle
Once you get to Seattle, don’t spend all of your time at the conference. Try to get out and see the city a bit. Here are a couple of recommendations from local Seattleites:
Directions from conference hotel: Walk 5 blocks down the hill on Madison. Turn Right onto 1st Ave.
Walk 5 blocks to 1st & Pike St. You’re there! Look for the large red neon sign.
Tips from a local:
- Get freshly-made, hot mini-donuts (across from DeLaurenti’s); use a straw to spear them inside the bag.
- Go to Beecher’s for fresh, handmade cheese. Free samples!
- Don’t forget the Market’s 2nd & 3rd floors downstairs! Make sure you have 2 quarters and a penny.
- Bring cash in small bills.
- Don’t eat too much at any one place; dining through the market is the way to go!
- Have a cup of Joe at the original Starbucks.
Seattle Art Museum
1300 1st Ave
Thursday & Friday: 10AM-9PM
*Free Thursday, October 6.
*Closed on Monday, October 10 and Tuesday, October 11.
1483 Alaskan Way, Seattle, WA 98101
Adults $19/Child $12
9:30am to 5pm daily
Seattle Underground Tour
608 1st Ave in Pioneer Square, between Cherry Street and James St.
Directions from conference hotel, walk down Madison to 5th. Turn Left onto 5th. Walk 3 blocks on 5th to Cherry. Turn Right onto Cherry.
Walk 4 blocks down Cherry to 1st. Turn Left onto 1st.
$16 Adults; roughly a 90 minute walk.
Very fun! Highly recommended!
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.